The award-winning, not-for-profit organization, Art of Fashion presents, Art of Fashion Design Competition which is just around the corner! The competition is a platform designed to expose new design talent in Toronto, Canada. Designers are judged by industry heavy-weights and winners could receive over $30,000 in prizes. The deadline for sending in materials and sketches is August 17th 2012.
Emerging Canadian designers can expect the best in a judging panel this year as the judging panel is filled with fashionably knowledgeable people. Here’s the panel listing for this year’s competition.
- Franco Mirabelli, Owner, Franco Mirabelli Design Inc.
- Michelle Bilodeau, Editorial Director, Front Row Magazine
- Kristy Wieber, Co-founder & President of Rent Frock Repeat
- Lisa Delorme, Co-founder & CEO of Rent Frock Repeat
- Jessica Jensen, Designer & President at Jessica Jensen
- Pheinixx, Creative Director at Pencil
- Kait Walker, Publisher at Trends Magazine
- Albert Yuen, Designer and 2011 Art of Fashion Winner
- Erin Herberger, Managing Editor at TORO Magazine
- Jacqueline Parrish, Fashion Editor at Anokhi Magazine
The panel will be responsible for choosing the 2012’s Most Promising Designer. Obviously, this will not be an easy task, but the judges feel they are giving back by participating in this event.
“As a Canadian designer, it is important to me that I do what I can to help emerging designers break out and succeed,” says luxury handbag designer and 2012 Art of Fashion judge, Jessica Jensen. “I’m both honored and excited to be part of the judging panel and I look forward to seeing what the finalists have in store for us.”
Again, deadline for entries is August 17th and collections will be shown off to a select panel of fashion industry judges and attendees during Nuit Blanche on September 29th 2012, at Hazelton Lanes in Toronto. See you there!